The European Coalition for Active and Healthy Living (EURAHL) is a group of associations representing stakeholders active in the broader European Active and Healthy Living (AHL) arena.
EURAHL’s mission is strengthening connections, promoting synergies, and bringing together the voices of European Networks working in the field of Active and Healthy Living.
The main goals of the Coalition are:
- Bringing together all the relevant networks and associations with an interest in active and healthy living to influence and inform the development of AHL policies and actions at European, national, and regional levels.
- Developing stakeholders' understanding of active and healthy living and the role played by the different EURAHL partner associations.
- Promoting the concept of active and healthy living and collaborative initiatives among the networks and associations engaged in the Coalition.
- Developing synergies and collaborations across networks and associations to ensure greater harmonisation of AHL activities and initiatives.
- Signposting and access to the resources and expertise of the Partner networks.
Why EHTEL joined EURAHL
EHTEL joined EURAHL because the association has long been involved with active and healthy living (and before that active and healthy ageing) through the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing and, most recently, Futurium, always on digital matters.
EHTEL believes firmly in the five goals of the EURAHL Coalition.
The Coalition offers EHTEL, and as many of its members as possible, the opportunity to interact and collaborate with some of the most innovative practices on active and healthy living, with an emphasis on a wide range of digital health and care services and technologies.
The Coalition is a great place to pick up informative materials and for EHTEL to share knowledge, expertise, and materials – including tools and methods – that can help enhance and improve “digital for active and healthy living”. As a multi-stakeholder association, it means the materials that EHTEL can itself put forward will cover all angles of the “quadruple helix”, i.e., documentation coming from and of interest to governments, industry, not-for-profits, and research/innovation organisations.
We welcome additional associations to the Coalition that share our mission, aims and goals. Join the founding Coalition members and start to focus on strengthening the work done in European active and healthy living.
EURAHL was initially launched in 2022 in the framework of the activities of the EU funded project IN-4-AHA.