What is EHTEL doing in 2023?
This year, with its emphasis on facilitating knowledge and developing new knowledge, EHTEL’s Imagining 2029 edition is structured in two tracks. The two tracks are: the European Health Data Space, and Hybrid Models of Care. They build on earlier work developed by EHTEL.
Each Imagining 2029 track has a specific orientation and is intended to attract different audiences.
EHTEL will also be present at, and involved in, a number of important events and conferences.
What's in it for me?
Both tracks build on EHTEL’s multistakeholder platform approach: they bring together the richness and variety of EHTEL’s membership and stakeholder communities. Webinars engage attendees: speakers and discussants are invited, and the audience gets involved in conversations and polls.
Our 2023 story: These two tracks create an interdependent flow – both themes of healthcare governance and implementation are related. Value comes from both, and each theme feeds into the other.
The European Health Data Space starts from data, whereas hybrid care begins with services. The need for more integrated services (e.g., bringing health and care together) acts as a trigger to provide and demand higher quality services and data that is coded (meta-data). The availability of data offers the opportunity to develop new use cases and new services
In terms of the resulting policies and technologies used to ensure people’s satisfaction with health and care – that can be called blended care – both technical and organisational aspects are needed.
European Health Data Space
This track will focus on:
- Governance processes for health data ecosystems Potential examples to be covered involve work on the governance of assets and outcomes/results and appropriate management of medications.
- mHealth, based on article 3 of the proposed Data Space, will include topics related to access, control, and sharing of people’s own data.
Hybrid models of care
This track will have three parts. It is oriented towards:
- Upscaling digital health services. Its work will be on collaboration between demand, supply, demand enabler, innovation, and capacity building. Themes will be linked to the work of DigitalHealthUptake and the European health and care cluster.
- Digital skills for the workforce. Here, the focus will be on the work of a multi-stakeholder partnership launched under the EC Pact for Skills in order to re-skill and upskill members of the healthcare workforce. The theme is aligned with the work of BeWell.
- Digital health for Active and Healthy Living. Here, the main content will be on strategies for inclusive usability of digital solutions (e.g., diversified user interfaces, use cases, and operating environments), and various hybrid models of care, including virtual coaching.
EHTEL’s masterclass contribution to Radical Health Festival Helsinki includes a hybrid models of care theme, and the radical changes needed by health and care systems, workforces, and citizens. Join EHTEL there on 12-14 June 2023.
Date: 24 February 2023
Date: 12 April 2023
Trends in local markets track
EHTEL has launched a new series of webinars in 2023. It focuses on what's trending today and what are the hot topics for EHTEL's own members.
These are webinars tailored to the needs of EHTEL members and prospective members. They are geared towards offering local insights into local markets and local trends in EHTEL members’ countries and regions. They are intended to attract match-making - between health care authorities and health and care providers - and to bring together the demand side and supply side of the market.
The track builds on previous editions of Imagining 2029, especially the work of “Digital transformation” in 2022. Transformation focused on knowledge sharing among EHTEL members. It looked at cross-border integrated medication records, the exchange and sharing of health data standards, and the governance of health data. It examined health and care organisations today, and how they can transform themselves in the future.
This new "trends in local markets" track starts to run in autumn 2023. The first three webinars are from EHTEL members in Scotland, Denmark, and Norway.
All emerging presentations and video recordings will be shared with EHTEL members and special invitees.
Get the dates of 7 September, 9 October, 29 November, and 11 December 2023 in your diary now!
▶️ 7 September 2023, 11.00 CET | "Scotland's orchestration of innovation: Enabling infrastructure"
▶️ 9 October 2023, 14.00 CET | "A behind-the-scenes look into the Danish health IT market: Learn the basics and see the opportunities"
Being green: EHTEL’s green approach to meeting organisation in 2023 is to set to continue. The focus is on holding virtual meetings or in-person meetings with remote access rather than reverting to full-scale physical meetings.