EHTEL´s Readiness Assessment for Scaling Up aims to support organisations and local authorities in determining whether they are mature for scaling up innovative services in digital health.
EHTEL´s Readiness Assessment for Scaling Up builds on the knowledge acquired by the partners and eHealth competence centres involved in the Momentum Thematic Network project, a three-year joint action funded by the European Commission. The project ended in January 2015, but the mechanism and business model are still available on a contractual basis to support organisations or local authorities in deploying digital health.
An example of an in-depth assessment undertaken for Scotland is located as a Resource at the bottom of this page.
A Self-assessment Toolkit helps organisations to determine whether they are mature enough to scale up innovative services in digital health. The toolkit was developed by combining the Telemedicine Readiness Self-Assessment Tool (TREAT) and Momentum´s critical success factors.
The toolkit brings together two aspects of assessment: a consultative workshop, and a comprehensive questionnaire. It guarantees that your organisation develops a single shared vision to scaling up innovative services.
Critical success factors for a deployment strategy
- Ensure leadership through a champion
- Reach consensus on the advantages of eHealth in meeting compelling needs
- Collect the resources needed for deployment
- Critical success factors for managing organisational change
- Address the needs of the primary clients
- Involve healthcare professionals and decision-makers
- Prepare and implement a business plan
- Prepare and implement a change management plan
- Position the patient at the centre of the services
Critical success factors from a legal, regulatory, ICT, and security perspective
- Assess the legal requirements for the services
- Identify and apply relevant legal and security guidelines
- Involve legal and security experts
- Ensure that digital health doers and users are aware of privacy matters
- Ensure the availability of appropriate information technology and eHealth infrastructures
- Ensure that the technology is user-friendly
- Put in place the technology and processes needed to monitor the service
- Establish and maintain efficient procurement processes
- Guarantee the technology´s potential for scaling-up
For more information on our services contact us at:
Tel: +32 2 230 1534
Fax: +32 2 230 8440
EHTEL, Avenue de Tervueren 168, Box 2 - B-1150 Brussels, Belgium